The Fitzpatrick Company pioneered the development of particle size reduction and forming technology, with the development of the Lab Compaction System, Contained Compaction System roll compactor and FitzMill, Fitzpatrick has been constantly evolving powder processing technology and in conjunction with Quadro developed the Scalable Lab System.
Roller Compaction uses mechanical force to create a densified sheet of material which can be granulated to form a desired particle size, typically to improve powder characteristics such as flowability and density.
CCS “Through the Wall” Design
CCS 320 Pilot Scale
Principle of the CCS
Fine powders can be processed into densified sheets in the CCS roll compactor by the use of mechanical pressure exerted on two counter-rotating rolls. The densified sheets can then be granulated to any desired particle size distribution.
- Roller compaction for the pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries
- Capacities from a few grams to 400 kg/h
- Complete granulation lines and fully integrated systems are available
- Optional vacuum deaeration system
- cGMP and WIP designs for pharmaceutical applications
- Product Containment and Inert Atmosphere System for toxic and hazardous products (ATEX)
- Automated controls, if required designed to be compliant to GAMP 5.0 and 21 CFR part 11
- Fully scalable processes throughout the CCS range