The Fitzpatrick Company pioneered the development of particle size reduction and forming technology, with the development of the Chilsonator® roll compactor and FitzMill, Fitzpatrick has been constantly evolving powder processing technology and in conjunction with Quadro developed the Scalable Lab System.
Internals of a Fitzmill D6B
Typical applications are: coarse grinding and chopping of dry material, size reduction of wet material, de-lumping of agglomerated wet or dry material, pulverizing, solid blending, granulating compacted material, processing slurries and liquids, processing and conditioning wet and dry materials, pureeing and emulsifying.
- Size reduction for the pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries
- Capacities from 50 g up to 100 tons/h
- Wide range of blades available
- CIP/WIP and cGMP designs for the pharmaceutical applications
- Product Containment System (PCS) for toxic and hazardous products
- Reduced explosion hazard with milling in an inert atmosphere (ATEX)
- Customized design to suit specific process needs
- Automated controls, if required designed to be compliant to GAMP 5.0 and 21 CFR part 11