The Fitzpatrick Company pioneered the development of particle size reduction and forming technology, with the development of the Lab Compaction System, Contained Compaction System roll compactor and FitzMill, Fitzpatrick has been constantly evolving powder processing technology and in conjunction with Quadro developed the Scalable Lab System.
The Lab Compaction System (LCS) uses the same mechanical force as the larger production Contained Compaction System (CCS) to create a densified sheet of material. This “ribbon” will then be milled/granulated to form a desired particle size, typically to improve the original powder characteristics such as density & flowability.
With the LCS, this is now possible on batch sizes as little as 10g with a capacity of up to 6kg/hr.
Lab Compaction System Benefits:
- Ideal for proof-of-concept work or low volume production
- Manufactured with Fitzpatrick’s high-precision, twin-feed screw system
- 20kN/cm roll force equivalent to production-scale systems
- Complete disassembly of all contact parts for a thorough strip-down and clean between batches/products to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- Touchpad HMI for all independent feed & compaction controlled variables
- Consistent compaction mechanism ensures easy scale-up to larger production CCS models
- Upgrade available for containment systems
- cGMP software option
- Varied roll surfaces to suit a wide range of applications