Ytron Y Directed Jet Mixer
Ytron specialise in the design, innovation and manufacture of a range of mixers and homogenisers for the production of homogeneous, air free liquids pastes and suspensions, with over 40 years application experience in all areas of industry including Food, Beverage, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic and Chemical processes.
The Ytron Y creates an axial jet stream to homogeneously mix liquids with a viscosity of up 50,000 mPa*s (approx.) without air entrainment. Because of its design, vortex formation (which is normally associated with conventional agitators) is eliminated to provide much more efficient mixing.
The Ytron Y mixing head with its built in vertical flow deflectors guides the jet stream, without rotation, far into the body of the product.
The rotor-stator principle, in combination with the stator tube, prevents any rotational stream and vortexing. This also removes the need for baffles in the tank, removing any dead spots and reducing cleaning time.
The robust construction does not require bearings or seals to be immersed in the liquids removing product contamination risks.
Shaft seals are selected according to the requirements. Options including radial seal ring, single or double acting mechanical seal (-1 to 10 bar) are available.
Available with CIP and designs to specifically help cleaning.
Drive motors with power from 0.25 to 55kW are available in the standard designs.
Modular design system allows the choice of the best mixing technology for each individual application.
Advantages of the YTRON-Y
- Axial flow pattern
- Powder Additions via YTRON Y ByPass Venturi effect
- Perfectly homogenous mixing
- No air entrainment
- No sedimentation, even with heavy suspensions
- Very short process times due to extremely rapid circulation in the vessel
- No floating of product on the surface
- Rapid mixing of entire container contents
- No in tank baffles/flow deflectors required, flow deflectors are integrated on stator
- Low shear due to short residence time in the YTRON-Y mixing head
- High shear design also available
- Side entry for large vessels: Air cushion prevents product from contacting the mechanical seal surfaces at the top of the shaft.
Disadvantages of Conventional Agitators
- Radial flow pattern (rotational flow)
- Non-uniform and incomplete mixing
- Vortex formation means significant aeration
(Possible result: Oxidation, change of colour, poor mixing, poor heat transfer)
- Floating of powders on surface of liquids
- Timely and inefficient mixing
- Incomplete mixing of the vessel contents
- Dead zones around the area of the baffles
- Local shear forces, long process times
- Side entry: Product contacts the seal direct